If you are an SBI user, you may know that SBI offers many banking facilities. You can also change your registered SBI mobile number. I do not know how? Don’t worry, in this post I will share the process How can I change a mobile number in SBI.
You can easily change your registered mobile number by going to the bank and filling out the form. However, no one seems to go to the bank and face problems. Therefore, online is the best way to change a registered SBI mobile number.
Previously, SBI did not use these services to change a registered mobile number online. However, you can now easily change your registered mobile number online.
How can you change a mobile number registered in SBI?
Net Banking is the best way to recover a registered mobile number. If you are an existing SBI Net Banking user, you can do so easily.
Follow the steps below.
You can change your registered mobile number in 3 quick ways –
- Through OTP
- Through IRATA [Internet banking seeks ATM approval]
- Through the Contact Center
A] How to change SBI registered mobile number via SMS?
You can easily change the registered mobile number by OTP authentication. You need an old registered mobile number and a new one. If you follow both steps below –
- First go to this link – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Register with your login details.
- After moving to the control panel, go to your profile.
- click on the profile
- Then go to the Personal Data / Mobile section.
- click on personal data
- Use your profile password to verify.
- You will get the opportunity to change your mobile number here. Select “replace mobile number with one-time password”.
- choose to change your mobile phone via ATM
- Click to continue.
- Enter the new mobile phone number and enter the number again.
- Enter a new mobile number
- Now select the authentication method as OTP on both mobile numbers.
- select an authentication method like otp on both mobile numbers
- Select your account and click Continue.
- Select the ATM tab and click Continue again. Now enter your card details [card number, expiration date, cardholder’s name, ATM PIN] and enter a captcha. Then click Next.
- enter your debit card information
- The following screen will display a confirmation message of 1 Rs. transaction. After clicking the Pay button, your transaction will be confirmed and an OTP and a reference number will be sent to both mobile numbers.
- You will now need to send an SMS from the same mobile numbers to confirm your mobile number change request. ACTIVATE <8-digit OTP value> <13-digit reference number> on 567676
You have successfully completed the process of changing your mobile number and you can see the status in the section of your profile.
B] How to change a registered mobile number sbi using an ATM?
- Another easy process for changing a registered mobile number is an ATM. This process is almost the same as before.
- From Method A, follow the same instructions from steps 1 through 9. Now select IRATA: Internet Banking ATM Approval Request and click Continue.
- Select your account and card.
- On the next screen, enter your card information in [Card number, expiration date, ATM PIN and cardholder’s name]. Fill in the captcha. And click continue. The SBI payment gateway will appear and a message will appear on the screen stating that your request was successful.
- Now with the new mobile number you get a 10-digit IRATA reference number.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM, insert the card and select Services.
- Now enter your ATM and select Other and then select Approve Internet Banking Request.
- Now enter the 10-digit IRATA reference number using the ATM keypad.
Your new mobile number has already been verified and you will be sent a message with your new mobile number.
C] How can you change an SBI registered mobile number through the contact center?
Another easy and final process of exchanging a registered mobile phone is then through the contact center. This process is almost identical to the other two.
- Go to first – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Then log in with your references. Go to your profile section.
- Then go to the personal data and mobile section.
- Verify with your profile password.
- Now select the contact center option and change the registered mobile number. Then click Next. Select your account and card.
- Enter your new mobile number and confirm again.
- On the next screen, enter your card information.
- Click verify and pay.
- The SBI payment gateway opens and a confirmation message appears on the screen. An SMS with your reference number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Within three days, the director of customer care will call you and ask you to prove your identity.
- After successfully verifying your identity, your new mobile number will be registered and you will also receive a confirmation message.
You can easily change your registered mobile number by following the steps above. I will mention three ways to achieve this. Choose the one that is more comfortable for you.
In this post How to change a mobile registered number in SBI, we saw three quick ways for you to speed up the task. If you have any doubts / issues regarding this process, feel free to ask your questions in the comments section below.