SBI is the most trusted bank in India. With many customers, SBI has also become a smart bank by launching various online banking facilities. You can access your account and related services with your fingers on your phone or home computer. One such service is ATM Pin Change. In this tutorial, you will learn how to change your SBI debit card PIN online from home without having to go to a bank or ATM. How to change SBI ATM PIN online? [3 easy ways] 1
Banks recommend changing your ATM regularly to keep your account safe. Many times you also need to change the ATM PIN on your ATM card for various reasons. Like forgetting an ATM if you’re not sure your PIN. Previously, SBI users had to go to an ATM or branch office to change their ATM PIN. However, SBI has now launched an online service that allows you to change your SBI debit card online.
- 1 Things needed to change SBI ATM PIN –
- 2 How to change SBI ATM PIN online?
- 3 Method 1 – How can I change my SBI ATM PIN online using internet banking?
- 4 Method 2 – How can I change my SBI ATM PIN using SBI Yono?
- 5 Method 3-How can I change the SBI ATM PIN via ATM?
- 6 Bonus tips on how to keep your ATM card and account safe –
Things needed to change SBI ATM PIN –
- SBI Internet Banking Username
- Password for SBI internet banking
- You must have a registered mobile number.
- The number must be active and must accept a one-time password.
How to change SBI ATM PIN online?
There are currently two ways to change your SBI debit card PIN online –
- Through SBI internet banking
- Through the Yono Lite mobile application
Let’s look at each method in detail –
Method 1 – How can I change my SBI ATM PIN online using internet banking?
To do this, you must have an SBI internet banking account. If nothing else, register with SBI Net Banking online. To gain access to internet banking, just follow these simple steps to change your SBI ATM PIN online
- Open onlinesbi.com and log in to your internet banking account.
- On the control panel, click the E-services tab in the horizontal menu.sbi atm pin change
- Now click on ATM Card Services
- Now click on ATM PIN Generation from the newly opened menu. Change the atm pin
- On the next screen you can select the option – OTP verification or profile password verification to change SBI ATM PIN online.’Sbi atm PIN change
- If you select OTP authentication, an 8-digit OTP number will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this otp and verify. However, if you decide to verify the profile password, enter the password for your SBI profile and change the i-verify.sbi atm pin
- Now, on the next screen, select your account associated with your ATM card where you want to change the PIN code. On the next screen, select the card number for which you want to change the PIN.
- Enter the first two digits of the selected ATM and enter the submission.
- The next 2 digits of your ATM will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the last 2 digits in the field provided.
- Now click Submit to confirm the change of the SBI ATM PIN. Your ATM PIN has now changed.
Also keep in mind that out of the total number of 4 digits in the PIN number, you can choose the first 2 digits yourself and the last 2 digits must be sent via SMS.
You can now use your ATM card at any ATM to get your money back or check your balance or any ATM service with a new PIN code.
Method 2 – How can I change my SBI ATM PIN using SBI Yono?
- Open the SBI Yono app on your smartphone. Log in to internet banking using a 6-digit MPIN or password.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu icon at the top of the page.
- Click Service Request from the menu.
- Then click Debit Card.
- Enter your profile password on the next screen to confirm. Now tap Change PIN.
- Enter the OTP received to your registered mobile number.
- You can enter a NEW ATM PIN.
- Re-enter the new ATM.
- God! Your SBI ATM Card PIN change request has been processed.
Method 3-How can I change the SBI ATM PIN via ATM?
Go to your SBI ATM near your home.
Remove the ATM card and do not remove it.
Enter your old PIN. Then select Services.
Select Change PIN.
Enter the OTP received to your registered mobile number.
Now enter your new six-digit ATM PIN.
Re-enter your six-digit ATM PIN. God! Your PIN has been changed.
Bonus tips on how to keep your ATM card and account safe –
Nowadays, ATM card fraud is increasing every day. Scammers are coming up with new ways to rob people in different ways. In such a situation, each cardholder should be careful to secure their card and account.
- Do not share your ATM with anyone
- Do not write your ATM anywhere and do not put the pin and the ATM together. Always change the ATM as described above
- Before using the ATM, make sure that an external device is connected to the area where the card is inserted. (skimmer)
- Do not show your PIN to anyone when entering the ATM keypad.
- Do not disclose your PIN in any fraudulent call.
- These tips will keep your ATM and your account safe from any scams and fraud.
In this guide we will see how to change the SBI ATM PIN. There are three easy ways to change your PIN. If you have any doubts / questions about the information in the article, please let us know in the comments section below.